The WVC ESL Department
Students who do not speak English as their native
language should plan to take the ESL placement test.
English may be considered your native language
if you received your elementary and secondary school
education in English.
If you are a new student to West Valley College, you should attend an orientation.
Register for New ESL Student Orientation "Counseling A" class in the Admissions Office.
You will take the placement test during the orientation.
Contact Angela Song in the Assessment Office (Counseling Center) for the latest testing and orientation schedule and test results, (408) 741-2035.
If you do not need an orientation to West Valley College, you may take the placement test only.
** DO NOT BE LATE!**
1. Arrive 15 minutes before the test begins. No one will be admitted late.
2. Bring a number 2 pencil and eraser.
2. Bring your Student ID number (not your social security number).
3. Bring 8 quarters for parking.
4. Plan to stay 2 hours for the test.
If you have any questions about orientation or placement testing, please call the Assessment Office (408) 741-2035
or visit the website at westvalley.edu/assess/.