Specialized Counseling

DESP Counseling

Whether you need help with planning classes, transferring to a university, or dealing with a disability-related issue, call, e-mail or make an appointment to talk to one of our counselors. We offer many different kinds of assistance:

Academic Counseling

  • Career Programs
  • AA/AS/ADT Degrees
  • Transfer Admission Agreements
  • Transfer Requirements for University of California, California State Universities, and Private Universities

Personal Counseling

  • Disability Management
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Liaison with California Department of Rehabilitation
  • Liaison with various community programs

Career Counseling

  • Referrals to Couns 012, Career and Lifestyles classes
  • Individual counseling to facilitate career decision making

For Further Information Contact:

Jean Finch (408) 741-4034
Ross Smith (408) 741-4027



Complete your California Student Success Act Requirements with DESP

  • Assessment

  • Orientation

  • Educational Planning

Call (408) 741-2010 or stop by the DESP office

last published: 3/21/18