The DESP Computer Lab can provide you with an evaluation and training in the use of computer technology. The Lab offers specialized software as well as adaptive technology. The following highlight the Lab’s offerings:
- Adapted Computer Access Evaluations: assesses ability to access screen, keyboard or programs
- Text Reader: turns text into high quality speech for learning disabled and visually impaired students.
- Screen enlargers: enlarges the computer screen for low vision students
- Alternate Media: provides access to course materials in an alternate format including etext.
- Training: shows student how to use text-to-speech software, including Kurzweil.
Make an appointment at the front desk if you want to be assessed for adapted computer or alternate media needs.