Transfer Center: Associate Degrees for Transfer
AA/AS – T Degrees
These new transfer degrees make it easier to prepare for transfer while completing an associate degree. Although the ASSOCIATE DEGREE FOR TRANSFER does not guarantee a student admission to ALL California State University campuses and ALL majors it does secure priority admission consideration.
There are currently three AA-T degrees offered with new programs being added:
FOR PRIORITY ADMISSIONS FOR FALL 2013 AT A CSU
Apply for admissions to a CSU by
November 30, 2012
into an approved similar degree program as your AA-T degree
Coursework must be completed by the
End of Spring 2013
Petition to graduate with an AA-T degree by Tuesday,
February 19, 2013 at the Admissions and Records Office
The unique aspects of an associate degree for transfer are:
- The student completes the AA/AS – T major requirements and completes either the CSU GE or IGETC for CSU to achieve the associate degree and receive transfer priority benefits.
- The student DOES NOT need to complete any other “local” associate degree requirements. Or, said a different way, the student doesn’t follow the “regular” associate degree requirements.
- Courses that are applied to the major may also be applied, if applicable, to the CSU GE requirements. “Double dipping” GE and major courses is encouraged.
- A student must complete 60 transferable units. This includes the CSU GE or IGETC and the major requirements and any transferable electives needed to meet the 60 unit requirement.
- When accepted into a similar major at a CSU (“similar” is defined by the CSU campus), the student need only complete an additional selected 60 units of coursework at the CSU to complete the bachelor’s degree! 60 + 60 = BA or BS degree!
An AA/AS – T works especially well for the following students who:
- Want to earn an associate degree and prepare for transfer without extra coursework!
- Are applying to a CSU with a “similar” major
- Are applying to an impacted CSU campus or impacted major
- Are applying to a non-local CSU
- Are applying to a CSU which has no or limited articulation with our community college