Transfer Center: Associate Degrees for Transfer
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
An ADT is a guaranteed pathway for transfer into the California State University (CSU) system. After earning an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Transfer degree students will be guaranteed admission to a CSU campus with junior standing. While admission to your campus of choice is not guaranteed, students will be given priority consideration for admission to their local CSU campus and to any CSU campus that offers a program that has been designated as “similar” by CSU.
There are currently 22 ADTs offered:
FOR PRIORITY ADMISSIONS FOR FALL 2017 AT A CSU
- Apply for admissions to a CSU by November 30, 2016 into an approved similar degree program as your ADT degree
- Coursework must be completed by the End of Spring 2017
- Petition to graduate for your ADT degree by February 2017 in the WVC Admissions and Records Office
The unique aspects of the Associate Degree for Transfer are:
- The student completes the ADT major requirements and completes either the CSU GE or IGETC for CSU to achieve the associate degree and receive transfer priority benefits.
- The student DOES NOT need to complete any other “local” associate degree requirements. Or, said a different way, the student doesn’t follow the “regular” associate degree requirements.
- Courses that are applied to the major may also be applied, if applicable, to the CSU GE requirements. “Double dipping” GE and major courses is encouraged.
- A student must complete 60 transferable units. This includes the CSU GE or IGETC and the major requirements and any transferable electives needed to meet the 60 unit requirement.
- When accepted into a similar major at a CSU (“similar” is defined by the CSU campus), the student need only complete an additional selected 60 units of coursework at the CSU to complete the bachelor’s degree! 60 + 60 = BA or BS degree!
An ADT works especially well for the following students who:
- Want to earn an associate degree and prepare for transfer without extra coursework!
- Are applying to a CSU with a “similar” major
- Are applying to an impacted CSU campus or impacted major
- Are applying to a non-local CSU
- Are applying to a CSU which has no or limited articulation with our community college
For more info visit the state ADT website.