Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply for financial aid?
- What is the starting pay for a Pharmacy Technician?
- Will I still need to take the State Board of Pharmacy test before applying for my license?
- How can I find jobs in the pharmacy field?
- What is an externship?
- When is the externship?
- Will this program get me in to pharmacy School?
- Is this program associated with Mission College's Pharmacy Technician program?
- Is there a resource page I can access with more program specific information?
- Can I apply for financial aid? Unfortunately no. This is a fee based class and not eligible for financial aid. We do offer a payment plan for those who qualify.
- What is the starting pay for a Pharmacy Technician? Starting pay varies depending upon your employer and the setting in which you work. You can expect a starting wage between $13 to $19 per hour.
- Will I still need to take the State Board of Pharmacy test before applying for my license? No. Once you successfully complete our program you will receive a certificate of completion which satisfies the State Board of Pharmacy.
- How can I find jobs in the pharmacy field? From day one of the program, our job placement coordinator works directly with students, keeping them informed of pharmacies that are hiring.
- What is an externship? An externship is that portion of the program where the student works in a pharmacy, applying all the knowledge gained in coursework. Your availability, preferences, and ability determine the pharmacy site. Externships are unpaid.
- When is the externship? The externship is started at the end of the classroom portion of the program and lasts from 120-240 hours, depending on pharmacy site.
- Will this program get me accepted to Pharmacy School? No, but it can be included with your pharmacy school application, and it gives you opportunities to network with pharmacists for referrals and recommendation letters. It also gives you a "test run" in the pharmacy field.
- Is this program associated with Mission College's Pharmacy Technician program? Yes, this program is a collaboration between West Valley College and Mission College.
- Is there a resource page I can access with more program specific information? Yes, there is. Please follow link: pharmacytech.missioncollege.org/community/comm_ed/pharmacy-technician/resources.html