This is where it all begins. Want to know how to apply to West Valley? Need money for tuition or books? Want to know what happens once you step through the door? Let’s get started.
5 Easy Steps to Becoming a Student at West Valley College
Note: A paper version is available to print HERE ^ - and submit to the Admissions and Records office.
Make sure you clear any spam blockers on your computer so you receive important WVC emails.
- You will receive a Confirmation Page upon submission.
*Please keep your confirmation number for future reference.
- You will receive an email within 2 business hours with your student ID number, password and registration information.
*If you do not receive this email, please contact our Admissions Office at (408) 741-2001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get help paying for college! Fill out the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA^) for help with your college costs.
- Complete the BOGW (Board of Governors Fee Waiver) and waive your enrollment fees and a portion of your parking fees.
- Need help? Call the Financial Aid Office at (408) 741-2024 or Financial Aid.
- All first time students are required to complete Assessments in English writing, reading and math.
ESL (English as a Second Language) assessments are also available.
- Check the assessment schedule for information, times and locations.
- Improve your success in college by attending Orientation - learn about college, complete an Educational Plan and meet with a counselor.
- All first time students are required to attend Orientation.
- Register for Orientation at WVCPortal ^.
- Different Orientation options are available: classes, workshops & online.