Admissions and Records

Welcome to West Valley College

Winter Hours: 1/2/19 – 1/18/19

Monday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM

Extended Hours: 1/22-2/1

Monday 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM

West Valley College offers a safe learning environment and is dedicated to helping students succeed with their educational and career goals.

Watch a video about how to apply to West Valley College.

How to Apply to West Valley College video

Who may attend?

Any person may attend who meets at least one of the following:

  • 18 years of age or older
  • High school graduate
  • Passed the State Proficiency Test
  • Obtained a G.E.D.
  • High School Students who have completed the 10th grade.

Student Classifications

New Student

A student who has never enrolled at any college. High school students who have just graduated are always considered "new students."

Continuing Student

A student who was enrolled at West Valley College the preceding semester.

Former (Returning) Student

A student who has previously attended West Valley College but not during the preceding semester.

Note: Students returning after 1 academic year must re-apply for Admission. Student ID#s will always remain the same.

New Transfer Student

A student who has attended a college other than West Valley College.

International Student

A student from any country other than the United States who has applied to West Valley College and has been accepted by the West Valley College International Student Committee.

Nonresident Student

A student who has not met California residency requirements and must pay nonresident tuition.

  • Students whose legal residence is outside the state of California or who have not resided and established residence in the state for one year and one day prior to the first day of the semester may apply for admission as non-resident student and are subject to non-resident fees.
  • Undocumented Students who have attended high school in California for three or more years and graduated or have attained the equivalent thereof.
last published: 1/15/19