If you’re receiving public assistance (TANF), the state of California would like to give you a chance to earn a vocational certificate or a degree in a range of jobs that are high in demand. It’s called the California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids Program, or CalWORKS. The goal of the program is to help you succeed in school so you can support your family and make your own living. Take a look at the ways in which CalWORKS can help you:


  • Academic and career counseling
  • Support groups and workshops
  • Assistance with financial aid applications and priority registration
  • Basic skills assessment
  • Tutoring assistance and peer advising

Support Services

  • Free, convenient child care on campus or near your home
  • Funds for books and supplies
  • Bus passes or gas money
  • Referrals to community resources

Career and Employment Services


Career Programs Center, AAS 35

Marta Mora-Evans



last published: 3/21/18