West Valley College
14000 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070 • Phone (408) 867-2200

Start Here

New Students to West Valley College

  1. Apply for Admissions at:California Community Colleges Online Application Center ^ (CCC Apply), take the assessment tests and attend an Orientation Session: Orientation Options ›
    On-line Orientation & Special Accommodations ›

  2. Complete and submit the following WVC-Veteran’s Educational Benefits Packet to Rhonda Kirkland, VA/Financial Aid Advisor.  You may also request information about additional financial aid and scholarships.

  3. Veterans On Line Applications (VONAPP)

  4. Meet with a VA counselor for a 30 minute guidance appointment (408) 741-2009 and then Register for Classes ›

Continuing Students at West Valley College

Students Transferring from Other Colleges to West Valley College

  • Continuing students who have received VA Educational Benefits at a previous college must complete the Change of School Form 22-1995 at: Veterans On Line Applications ^ and submit with your official transcripts to Rhonda Kirkland.

Important Notice: New VA regulation as of 9/30/13 states, if a student completes a term with an F or No Pass grade it will be the students responsibility to have the instructor contact the VA Certifying Official at West Valley and provide last day of attendance. If this information is not received within two weeks of grades being posted, the VA Certifying Official will report to VA that the grade was received due to lack of attendance and the student will be responsible for any overpayment.


Please call Rhonda with any questions or for additional information at (408) 741-2601 or at: rhonda.kirkland@westvalley.edu located in the Admissions & Records Building.

Veteran Benefits Office Hours:

Tuesday: 2:00pm-5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm

Or by appointment.


last published: 8/14/14 • validate xhtml css 508