If you’re like some of our students, you want to jump to university-level work and an interdisciplinary program while you’re at West Valley. Great! Let’s see if you’re right for our Honors Transfer Program.
How to qualify as a West Valley College student
- Earn a GPA of 3.25 or higher in at least 9 units of university transferable work at WVC
- Complete English 1A with a grade of A or B (or take 1A concurrently with your first semester of Honors courses and earn an A or B
- Schedule an interview with the Honors Coordinator How to qualify as a high school student
How to qualify as a high school student
- Earn a high school cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Schedule an interview with the Honors Coordinator The Program
- 97% successful transfer rate from Honors Program to 4-year universities.
- Includes a selection of general education courses from the IGETC transfer plan.
- Collaborative and experimental learning (working in groups, doing field research, attending cultural events), and higher levels of critical thinking with an emphasis on writing skills.
- Class size limited to 20 students for more individual attention from instructors.
- Emphasizes skills needed in university-level work such as written analysis, research, collaborative learning, and oral presentation.
- Results in an AA degree in Liberal Arts with Honors upon completion of six courses (18 units) with a GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Earns priority consideration for transfer admissions into majors in the College of Letters and Sciences of highly competitive universities such as UCLA, University of Southern California, UC Santa Cruz, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Pomona, Pepperdine, Chapman, and the University of Santa Clara.
- Meets qualification for scholarships and grants available only to Honors students at UCLA, USC, and Pomona.
For an application to enroll in the Honors University Transfer Program, call:
Physical Education Division office 1A